And so it continues….
Creamy Corn Pudding
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup of milk (whole)
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (12 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with the butter
- beat the soup, milk and eggs in a medium bowl with a fork or wisk. Stir in the corn, cornmeal, cheese and chives. Pour the soup mixture into the dish.
- bake for 35 minutes or until the pudding is golden brown.
Sausage and Apple Stuffing
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion coarsely chopped
- 1 red delicious apple chopped
- 1 granny smith apple chopped
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups stove top herb seasoned stuffing
- 2 cups corn bread stuffing
- Heat the broth, celery onion and apples in a 3 quart saucepan over medium high heat, to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables and apples are tender.
- add the sausage and stuffing and stir lightly to coat.
Red wine Cranberry Sauce with Honey
- 24 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 3/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of fresh, crushed ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup dry red wine (if you want your sauce sweeter use a sweet red wine like a Port or Madiera)
- In a 3 quart saucepan, over a medium heat, combine all the ingredients. Simmer the mixture gently, stirring often, until most of the cranberries have popped and the sauce is thick and syrupy. (about 25-30 minutes, maybe longer depending on the heat) Stir in the back pepper.
- chill thoroughly before serving.